Our School's Core Values
At Winston Way Academy, we are a forward-thinking school with learning at the heart of all we do. We are committed to achieving excellence and preparing our children to become inspired, global citizens.
We set very high standards for our teachers and pupils and we work hard to maintain them every day, based around our core values:
We recognise that every child is unique and we encourage them to develop and grow in a way that is best for them, always reinforcing positive behaviour and fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect, creativity and perseverance.
As part of our commitment to parents and pupils we pledge to:
- Provide a stimulating, vibrant and enabling environment with high quality resources
- Deliver a broad and balanced curriculum with engaging experiences that stimulate learning
- Ensure that every child attains high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Help develop social skills and the ability to form and maintain good relationships with other pupils and staff
- Encourage children to think creatively and express their thoughts
- Make every child feel safe, valued and cared for
- Motivate children to set high expectations for themselves
- Ensure that the children listen to others and are accountable for their actions
- Promote a strong independent learning ethic
- Recognise and celebrate each individual’s academic and personal success
- Always ensure that every adult acts as a role model for our values at all times